Saturday, August 29, 2015

San Francisco- Day 1




We arrived in San Francisco on Saturday afternoon and we were just so excited.  I can't explain how gitty we were.  It was great to experience a place for the first time together.    We just went right around the corner from the hotel to this adorable little restaurant called John's Grill and it was sort of famous. 



We didn't really have a game plan so we just went to Lombard Street and did some great sight seeing.  


The entire street is lined with gorgeous hydrangeas....my favorite. 






The homes around Lombard Street are just beautiful. 


We walked around for a bit and then got dressed for dinner.  We set up this make shift tri-pod on our dresser.  


Our dinner at Acquerello was probably the best meal I have ever eaten.  It was over the top fancy, elegant, beautiful, and just a treat fit for a king.  


I have no words to describe the flavors in these dishes.  I didn't know food could taste that good. 

They had a no cell phone policy but I busted the camera out quickly for a few shots.  




They had this gorgeous wine room and the sweet hostess let us go in and take a picture.  


More coming!  Up next is Day 2--Alcatraz.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Johnstons



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved