We had a wonderful Christmas here at our house. Santa came down our chimney covered in soot( and maybe a few bird feathers) and left the boys tons of cool toys. Most importantly, a front end loader, dump truck, and some truck puzzles and books. He left Reid a new blankie.
He even left goodies in our stockings and a few treats for Buckley and Casey.
For some strange reason, Santa wrapped a few presents...but that is the great debate here. I came from a house where Santa laid everything out and someone else in our family says Santa wraps.
Santa knows that Daddy loves all things Mississippi State.
Sweet Reid was just on the floor playing and loving every minute. He had no clue what was going on, but enjoyed it none the less.
We got dressed and went to my parents house for gift opening with the Butlers.
Daniel is still a big fan of all things mail related, so this mail box made his day.
Jack and his goal post.
You can always count on Leigh Anne to have the best wrapping paper and prettiest presents.
Nana and Papa gave Banks a new lawn mower.
Georgie got lots of odds and ends from us and she sure did light up when she opened her "bedazzled" stapler, tape dispenser, and pen. Too bad the stapler has since broken.
Leigh Anne sketched this picture of my parent's house. It is beautiful. She did one for us too, but it is not ready since she had the flu for 4 days.
My Daddy, who is such a great painter, did this oil painting of our new house and it is SO perfect. I have it hanging in our foyer and it looks wonderful.
Oh goodness, more MSU gear from my parents.
Christmas night, everyone came over to our house for dinner. I was more than honored to receive Granny's silver for Christmas. Her pattern is Wallace Loraine, which is discontinued but still available at auctions. Sweet Granny and Papa saved their money and bought it shortly after their wedding. It is exactly what I would have chosen and I will cherish it ( and keep it locked up and hidden) for the rest of my life.
I made this potato tart and it was very very yummy and worth the labor involved. It was a recipe from Southern Living a few years ago.
I made the cover recipe from Southern Living this month. The cake was delicious but not as pretty as the cover. Oh well.








0 comments:
Post a Comment