Sunday, August 5, 2012

Thoughts at the Moment


I know so much of my blog documents happy, fun, friends, and cheerful memories.  Those of the times we want to remember, right?  Exactly.  Well, those wonderful memories are exactly what has me so sad these days.  It's not that Montgomery is bad, it is just Birmingham was so good.  

So Good.

I just find myself so lost some days just trying to wrap my mind around leaving my entire life for the past 17 years behind.   

I miss Canterbury.  

I miss our Sunday School class, Dr. Morgan's preaching, and the "comfort" of knowing almost every face.








I miss working.  

I miss interacting with people all day.





I miss my work partner and friend, Fleming. 


I miss MY Publix on Overton Road, where I knew exactly which isle every food item was on and I knew the cashiers and sweet fellas that would help me to my car.



I miss whipping by my favorite store every week just to "see what is new".


I miss my dear friends in Birmingham.














I miss Overton Park.



I GREATLY miss Canterbury Child Development Center and talking to this dear friend every day.
The absolute favorite part of my day was walking to Banks' classroom and picking up my Sir and then having a 10-15 minute conversation with Jasmin.  


I miss my Bunko Group.



I miss Westbury Way and the beautiful hills of Mt. Brook.



And last but not least, I miss my Basil so much it hurts.  


I know it will get better, but for right now, that is what I am feeling. 

2 comments:

M said...

Birmingham misses you too Tori!! Bunko won't be the same without you!!

Lauren Baugh said...

AWE!!!! I miss you so bad! It is going to get so much better! Lendon is praying for you to find a funny friend :)

Post a Comment



The Johnstons



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved