Christmas, 2004
Christmas, 2007I had to write something about my beloved friends, Casey and Basil. Casey and I have been together since my lonely days in Mobile when I moved for my job and did not know a single person! I got her when she was 6 weeks old and she was the most beautiful Golden Retriever I had ever seen and is to this day. She is the best dog I could have ever imagined and is so loyal to me. She has been such a good companion to me through my single years. She is afraid of thunderstorms so much-it is hard to describe. In 2004, after Leigh Anne had Georgia Anne, Basil came to live....excuse me.."stay" with me until the baby got bigger. When Georgia Anne turned 2 in 2006, I finally accepted that Basil would be mine. She is such a sweet Pug and even though she has her share of problems, I love her so much. She is now blind and has rotten teeth and skin allergies ( lovely, huh?) but still the sweetest little girl. She and Casey are great friends and love to be together. The only time the are separated is when they go to Tallassee, where Casey stays with Mom and Dad (and their Golden, Molly) and Basil stays with Leigh Anne and Michael (and their Pug, P.J.). When they get back together, they are so excited and glad to see one another. For years, while everyone else was sending Christmas Cards out of their kids, I was sending out my Christmas Cards of me and my "kids". My friends always got such a kick of our pictures...mainly I think because it was a little sad!! Oh well, I never minded being a little behind everyone else. Someday, Bryan and I will have our own kids to send out on our cards, but here are some of the ones through the years that I sent. Enjoy!




0 comments:
Post a Comment