It is no secret that I LOVE Washington, D.C. and will go any chance I get. So, when Bryan told me he really wanted to attend the American College of Radiology meeting in May, I had our bags packed and tickets booked immediately.
I had a jammed packed schedule for Banks and me and this post will show it. I took so many pictures, it is hard to put them all on here, so I tried to hit the high points.
We went to the National Zoo on the first day and this peacock was just stunning.
We went to dinner on Sunday night at Founding Farmer's and it was delicious!
The next morning, Banks and I got up bright and early and got our day started at the Washington Monument.
We rented bikes HERE and it was the best call of the trip!
I didn't get a picture of the wall as it was being overtaken by about 10 bus loads of 8th graders!
The statue of these three soldiers is my favorite in all of D.C. It is the most life like statute and you feel as if they are going to start walking towards you.
We had a yummy lunch at another favorite spot, Old Ebbitt Grill.
Oh how I love the Air and Space Museum.
It was super crazy to run into my friend Katie in the Air and Space! Small small world!
NICE view on the cab ride home. How could you not love this view of the Georgetown waterfront?
The next day, we got up to rainy skies and figured it would be a terrific day to spend inside in two of my other favorite places.
First, the American History Museum, full of SO many cool exhibits. Banks loved the transportation stuff.
A Mississippi River boat was a must pic for Big Dog.
Banks got one look at the First Lady dresses in the distance and put on the brakes. He did not like going from cars, trains, and trucks to DRESSES and RUBY SLIPPERS!
Banks! Come on buddy!
The McCaigs had this computer!! Oregon Trail was the bomb people!
Lunch with Bryan at Brasserie Beck
After lunch we hit the Natural History Museum.
Wednesday, we headed to Arlington and I was so proud of Banks. He was really interested in hearing about the history and significance of the cemetery.
He was very interested in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and the changing of the guards.
Eternal Flame
Lunch on the waterfront is a MUST!
We went to Farmers, Fishers, Bakers and it was great.
Georgetown shopping and of course, a stop by the campus. Oh how I love this place!
Thursday morning, Bryan broke away from his meeting and we headed to the International Spy Museum.
It wasn't initially planned, but we saw the Postal Museum on the map and thought it would be cool. I am SO glad we did it. Banks loved it and we really enjoyed it too. A must if you have children with you in D.C.
I really enjoy going to the National Portrait Gallery. They always have the President Exhibits and it really is my favorite. I had to get some pics with some of my favorite presidents.
We had so many fun times on this trip and I will never forget all of the alone time Banks and I had. It was truly special for us and he was the most perfect little travel companion.






































0 comments:
Post a Comment