Over the weekend, I went Dallas to cheer on the Tide. It was a great trip (Thank you Daddy!) and we pulled off a BIG win and had a ton of fun.
I was so glad to meet up with Mary Catherine and Gavin (my National Champ Trip buds) before the game.
104 degrees out side the stadium. Thank goodness they had the top of the dome closed!!
This jumbo-tron is so massive....words just can't describe how big it is. It was VERY impressive and I found myself wanting to watch it instead of the field.
They also do "fan cam" throughout the entire game and it was a hoot watching people and their reactions when they realized they were on the jumbo-tron.
Michael and Daddy. Man, do they look excited or what?
Sunday morning, we headed over Dealy Plaza and they 6th floor Museum at the Book Depository.
As you all know, this is the site where on November 22, 1963, President Kennedy was shot and killed.
We thoroughly enjoyed this. It is just very hard to believe that happened.
Michael on the "grassy knoll", where some believe a 3rd shot was fired.
X marks the spot where President Kennedy was shot.
The window where Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President. He had his sniper's next set up in that corner window. They found the gun and the book boxes where he rested his gun.
No photos were allowed inside, otherwise, we would have taken pictures inside.
Oswald shot from this window as the President's car came down this hill.
After lunch we went back to Cowboys stadium and went on a "VIP tour" of the stadium. All I can say is that stadium is unbelievable. So nice, big, clean, state of the art...you get the picture.
Michael is ready to join the team.
This is Jerry Jones' personal viewing booth on the 50 yard line.
I am a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team show so I was super pumped to go into their locker room.
Oh Lawd! Horrifying thought of me in that uniform!!!!
We then went into the player's locker room.
We went on the field last.
If you are ever in Dallas, please make time to go on this tour. It was well worth it!



0 comments:
Post a Comment