Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chicken and Rice Bake



As I posted earlier, I decided to cook some of the recipes from Granny's book.

I tried this easy and yummy dish today because it cooks for 2 hours, which was perfect for a church day.

I am going to list the recipe as Granny (and my Mom) cooked it (totally delicious) but will let you know how I prepared it today (dialed a bit down on the calories).



1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 and 1/2 sticks of melted butter
1 and 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
sat and pepper
boneless chicken breasts

In a large mixing bowl, mix soups, butter and uncooked rice.  Add a little bit of salt and pepper.  Transfer mixture to a 9x13 baking dish.  Salt and pepper raw chicken breasts and bury the breasts in the rice mixture.

Cover with foil and Bake 2 hours at 300 degrees.



This is perfect to pop in and go to church, then when you get home...it is ready.

***Today, I used the Healthy Requests soups and only 1 stick of butter.  It was still good.  I would say maybe in place of that extra 1/4 cup butter I omitted, I would add 1/4 cup of water.


This might not be a gourmet recipe, but it is really good!



2 comments:

Shelley said...

Mom would make this recipe for us growing up. It was my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!

The Swifts said...

Thanks for sharing! Share more!

Post a Comment



The Johnstons



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved