Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day



I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!

We enjoyed it and here is how we celebrated.

Over the weekend, we went to Montgomery to have some pictures made of Banks (he is almost 15 months old). Mary Catherine, my best bud from College, is a very talented photographer and she took some GREAT shots of Banks, despite the frigid temps. If you would like to view the proofs on her site, click HERE Go to "proofing " and the password is "tori"

We got home Saturday afternoon, just in time for our babysitter to arrive and Bryan and I ate HERE and went and heard THIS GROUP perform. They performed the music of The Eagles and had this great singing group do the songs. It was great!!!

Monday night, I put together some Valentines treats for the children in Banks' class.






Bryan surprised me with these new TB sandals! Whoo-hoo!!!


....and flowers....

We stayed in on Tuesday night and made dinner. We did a large fillet and split it 1/4 to 3/4. I have been cutting back some so I did not think I could justify an entire fillet on a Tuesday night.

I made my favorite "go to" salad. It is delicious and so easy.

You will need:
1 container arugula
1 lemon
Olive Oil
Shaved Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper


To make the dressing, use 1 part lemon to 2 parts olive oil. For example, I used 2 TBS fresh lemon juice and 4 TBS olive oil. Then add a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake in a covered bowl. It should look creamy.


Toss with the arugula and add a generous amount of the shaved parm.



0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Johnstons



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved