Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home Improvements and More Home Improvements

Many of you may have been wondering why I haven't posted in so long and the reason is, we have been busy doing boring home improvements. Here are a few pictures from the projects. Please know we are not finished with any of them but they are coming along. I will post final pictures when they are done. For those of you who know me well, you know my house never looks like the following pictures. I like everything to be perfect, but sometimes to make it look better, it has to look rough for a few weeks!
We had the kitchen done in December but something was still missing....the floors. The new kitchen made the ivory tile look SO BAD! So, I called Bill Farley, hardwood floor extradinare, to come and lay down the floors. They are still unfinished and unsanded (the "acclimation" stage of 30 days) but he is coming next week to sand and stain and we are ready!




Next project, the rotton eve on the front of the house. The gutters leaked and rotted the wood on the eve and it just started looking worse and worse. We have been wanting to repair it for 2 months, but it has been SO cold. Bryan has been working on wamer days and I will post a picture of the new wood when it is done. My dad and Ben Little are going to help finish it hopefully in the next week or so.

There used to be this HUGE monster bush here that was about 20 feet tall. It's branches rubbed against the side of the roof and we figured out that the rats were coming in the attic from the tree. So one day, Bryan tied to tree to the back of his truck and pulled it to the road in one move. It was hilarious! Underneath the bush, we found this hammer in the fence. We took it as a sign that we needed to keep working.

Bryan removing the faulty gutter.

Next project, the basement. I painted the entire basement (walls and trim) and it was a pain in the rear! You can't tell yet, but it does look good and I have picked out fabric for the drapes that Pat is making this week. We had to throw out the 1960s shutters. They had to go.

Can we say, Sanford and Son?

All in all, we are making progress on the house. I am so ready for it to be finished because the mess and dust are driving me crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Johnstons



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved